Careers at Editas
Research Associate I/II, Immunotherapy – Cambridge, MA
Location – Cambridge, MA
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases.
We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before.
Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world. If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
Editas Medicine is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate I/II to join our ex vivo Immunogenetics group. In this role, you will contribute to the pre-clinical development of gene-edited cell products for oncology indications. An ideal candidate should have a background in immunology, cancer biology, and a strong interest in genome editing. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team and will interact with the discovery, platform, process development groups, as well as contract research organizations. The successful candidate should demonstrate strong work ethics and ability to work in a fast-paced and highly demanding work environment.
- Develop and optimize protocols for gene editing, including: delivery methods, culture conditions, scale up, and multiplexing
- Culture primary cells and cell lines.
- Perform basic molecular biology work such as DNA and RNA extraction and PCR.
- Develop and perform immune cell activation, cytotoxicity, and other cellular and ELISA-based assays to evaluate gene editing approaches in cell therapeutics in vitro and in vivo
- Conduct cell-based assays such as flow cytometric analysis of blood cells and tissue
- Analyze and present data within the organization.
- Share responsibility in maintaining lab equipment and reagent inventory.
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook and contribute to support documentation
- BS/MS in cell biology, immunology or related field with 1-3+ years of laboratory experience
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture necessary (experience with culture of primary human cells is desired)
- Experience in polychromatic flow cytometry and analysis
- Competency in basic cellular and molecular biology techniques including, ELISA/Luminex, western blot, and real time PCR
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and excellent problem-solver
- Outstanding organizational skills, and ability to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and excels in a team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.