Careers at Editas
Research Associate I/II, Screening – Cambridge, MA – 1107
Location: Cambridge, MA
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases.
We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before.
Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
Editas is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate I/II to join our Screening Team. In this role, you will contribute to the pre-clinal development of gene-edited cell products. An ideal candidate should have a strong background in cell and molecular biology. Demonstrated culture experience with both IPSC or primary cell lines and a strong interest in genome editing. Experience and interest with lab automation and liquid handling robots, Biomek Fx / I7 or similar, is a plus.
• Develop and use high-throughput techniques to aid in the production of gene edited cell products
• Contribute to the development and implementation of relevant cellular assays in 96 and 384 well format
• Routinely perform culture, editing and manipulation of primary cells and IPSC lines
• Utilize established LIMS system to analyze and track relevant data and reagents
• Analyze and present data to laboratory staff and larger program meetings
• Share responsibility in maintaining lab equipment and reagent inventory
• Maintain lab notebook in a timely fashion
• BS/MS in cell biology, or related field with 1-3+ years of laboratory experience
• Expertise in mammalian cell culture necessary (experience with culture of primary human cells and IPSC is desired)
• Competency in basic cellular and molecular biology techniques
• Familiarity with automated liquid handling robots, plate washers/dispensers is a plus
• Desire to learn new techniques and share expertise with colleagues
• Independently motivated, detail oriented and excellent problem solver
We are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.